For some, it’s a dream to work from home. But once you finally get your remote job, you might be surprised to learn that kicking back on the couch isn’t going to get the job done. Having
Why Access Is One of the Most Important Factors in Getting Your House Sold!
Dated: May 6 2019
So, you’ve decided to sell your house. You’ve hired a real estate professional to help you through the entire process, and they have asked you what level of access you want to provide to your potential buyers.
There are four elements to a quality listing. At the top of the list is access, followed by condition, financing, and price. There are many levels of access that you can provide to your agent so that he or she can show your home.
Here are five levels of access that you can give to buyers, along with a brief description:
- Lockbox on the Door – this allows buyers the ability to see the home as soon as they are aware of the listing, or at their convenience.
- Providing a Key to the Home – although the buyer’s agent may need to stop by an office to pick up the key, there is little delay in being able to show the home.
- Open Access with a Phone Call – the seller allows showings with just a phone call’s notice.
- By Appointment Only (example: 48-Hour Notice) – Many buyers who are relocating for a new career or promotion start working in that area prior to purchasing their home. They often like to take advantage of free time during business hours (such as their lunch break) to view potential homes. Because of this, they may not be able to plan their availability far in advance or may be unable to wait 48 hours to see the house.
- Limited Access (example: the home is only available on Mondays or Tuesdays at 2 pm or for only a couple of hours a day) – This is the most difficult way to be able to show your house to potential buyers.
With more competition coming to the market this spring, access can make or break your ability to get the price you are looking for, or even sell your house at all.
Let The Comerford Group Be Your Key to Your Real Estate Success! I am a Broker and REALTOR, connecting buyers and sellers around the world. The Comerford Group is able to provide customers with excep....
Latest Blog Posts
The U.S. News and World Report's annual "Top 10 Best Places to Live in the U.S." report has ranked Sarasota No. 9 in their 2021-2022 edition. The list ranks metro areas taking into account
Older homes tend to require upgrades that houses constructed after standards for energy efficiency came into widespread use do not. Buying an older house may mean living in a property with history
The summer months in Florida can be grueling and especially hard on our homes. Homeowners in Florida can avoid any added stress and unforeseen repairs with regular maintenance checks.