For some, it’s a dream to work from home. But once you finally get your remote job, you might be surprised to learn that kicking back on the couch isn’t going to get the job done. Having
How to Set Up the Perfect Home Office
Dated: July 19 2021
For some, it’s a dream to work from home. But once you finally get your remote job, you might be surprised to learn that kicking back on the couch isn’t going to get the job done. Having a designated space for your work is important because it helps you stay productive and keeps you focused on the task at hand. Here are some tips, brought to you by Icon Premium Realty.
Choose Your Space
Take a look around your home to see if there’s a space you could convert into an office. A quieter area of your home is best.
● If you have an extra bedroom, this could easily be turned into an office.
● Some people don’t have a spare room lying around. Don’t fret if that’s the case. Look for unused spaces, such as a corner in a larger room, a large (empty) closet, or under the stairs.
● Your garage could be a great choice if you have a way to control the temperature.
Make Repairs To optimize the space, make sure there aren’t any issues, such as a faulty bulb or drafty window. These will only distract you from your work.
● Trading out any old light bulbs for energy-efficient light bulbs will save you money and keep your office well-lit.
● Get someone to fix any damaged windows in the area. Damaged windows can cause adraft and make the room colder or hotter than it needs to be. Your comfort will start with a quick search for “windows repair near me.”
● Put up a new layer of paint to make the room feel a little fresher. Add Furnishings and Technology Once you’ve beautified the space a little, you will need to decide what to put in your office.
● Uncomfortable furniture can cause chronic neck and back pain, so stick with a chair and desk that makes you feel comfortable.
● An ergonomic desk chair can keep you from hunching over your desk all day.
● Find a reliable printer, so you don’t have to suffer through a headache whenever you try to print something.
● If you don’t already have a laptop, you’ll need one for your office. Choose one that works for whatever tasks you will be completing for your job. For example, you might need a faster processor if you are going to need to do a lot of video conferencing.
Since you’re going to be spending a good amount of time in your office, it’s important to add a personal touch.
● Frame a photo of your kids or pets to put on your desk or hang on the wall.
● If you love the outdoors, why not bring it in with some indoor plants that you can love
● Add some color to the space with bright accessories. Choose colors that make you feel good.
Once you set up your office, you’ll find that your productivity massively increases. Remember to take some time to get up and walk around or even go for a jog.
If you don’t yet have the home for your home office, Icon Premium Realty can help you find your dream home in Osprey, Florida. Call (941) 531-9362 to learn more about purchasing a home.
Guest post by:
Latest Blog Posts
The U.S. News and World Report's annual "Top 10 Best Places to Live in the U.S." report has ranked Sarasota No. 9 in their 2021-2022 edition. The list ranks metro areas taking into account
Older homes tend to require upgrades that houses constructed after standards for energy efficiency came into widespread use do not. Buying an older house may mean living in a property with history
The summer months in Florida can be grueling and especially hard on our homes. Homeowners in Florida can avoid any added stress and unforeseen repairs with regular maintenance checks.